Dec 2, 2012

just some JOY

Today I've been thinking a lot about the word JOY.

Webster defines JOY as:
the emotion evoked by well-being, success, or good fortune or by the 
prospect of possessing what one desires; a source or cause of delight. 

While that definition pretty much nails it right on the head,
I think i'll make up my own personalized
version of what JOY is.

JOY is:
stepping on crunchy leaves
getting tight hugs
listening to children giggle
a gooey smore
driving with the windows down
bike rides through the orchard
wishing on dandelions
speaking in an Australian accent
country music + waffles on a Saturday morning
crisp morning runs
listening to john mayer
sliding on the hardwood floor in our socks
turning on the heater
seeing others truly happy
holding a brand new baby
watching cartoons on a Saturday morning, just like when I was a kid
when Pandora plays six of your favorite songs in a row
homemade waffle cones
feeling the spirit
reconnecting with someone you love
listening to my great grandma laugh
laying under the Christmas tree
going ice skating with friends
clean sheets on my bed
playing the guitar on Sunday afternoons
being around those i love


...and the list could go on. I really have so many great things in my life that bring me joy. I am so grateful for all the many blessings that i have. This Christmas Season, I hope you'll stop and think about all the things that bring you pure JOY.

Love P




No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.