March 20, 2013

Backyard Blossoms, Dogs, and Blogs





Tonight after a long day of school and softball practice, I got to spend some time in my backyard and just relax. There was time to breathe in the sweet smell of peach blossoms, lay on the grass with my dog, and just think. And by golly, I got to thinking a lot of things. So here's some of the deep thoughts that ran through the ole thinker. 

#1. LIFE IS GREAT. Sure, it ain't easy. But what fun would life be if nothing ever challenged us, made us grow, or taught us how to deal with failure? This life we have been given is such a great opportunity to explore new places, find new friends, and develop ourselves. This past year has been both very good and very difficult for me. I've had to decide who I want to become, and as a result, some things in my life needed to be left behind. This was especially hard when it came to finding some new friends and standing alone at times, but I know that it was the right thing to do. I have gotten to know some new people, and they have become some of my best friends. I've learned a little bit more about myself, and have set goals to help me become the person I want to be. Through all of this, I have discovered that I have a tremendous support system. My extended family and my immediate family have always been there for me, and I love them so much. Without them, I don't know where I would be at. So, to sum this up: Life is good, and family and friends are pretty swell too. (: 

#2. I AM SO LUCKY. I have a wonderful family who make me laugh and love life everyday. I have great parents who help me and are SO involved in my life. My mom is one of my very best friends, and my dad too. I feel so blessed to have a great relationship with both of my parents, especially my dad. I know a lot of teenagers and children that do not have a solid father figure in their home, and I am so fortunate to have a Dad who is around. My dad is involved in almost every aspect of my life. Not only is he my father: he is my bishop, teacher, and coach. I get to spend a lot of time with my dad, and I feel so blessed. Not only do I have people who love me on earth, I also have people in heaven that love me. The past few days I have been thinking a lot about my grandpa who passed away two years ago. I have so many fond memories of him, and he taught me multiple life lessons while he was alive. I also have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I feel so lucky that I know Him, and that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. There have been countless days and nights when he has comforted me and reassured me that I will be okay. I am so fortunate to have all of these wonderful people in my life. 

#3. BOYS ARE GREAT. No, this isn't a paragraph about how boys are so good looking or anything like that.  Lately I've come to appreciate boys in the world who are focused and righteous. So firstly, boys who are serving missions are GREAT. Today I've been thinking a lot about those out on missions, and I am so proud of them. A big handful of the boys I am close to are out on missions, and let me tell you, they are awesome. Second, boys who are preparing to serve on missions are GREAT. Since this announcement was made in October, so many boys have been focused on missions. It's exciting to see so many of the boys in my senior class get their calls. It's crazy to think that they will be leaving so soon {some as soon as one week after graduation} and that they will be out in the mission field before we know it. My good friend Tanner is supposed to get his call in the next few days and I am so excited for him. So there's my spiel on boys. And we might as well put they are pretty good looking in here too. Just as a side note (; 

That about wraps up the deep thoughts for the night. I'm glad I got some time to think about how good the world is as I spent some time in the backyard. 

PLEASE PLEASE spend some time in the next few days thinking about all the good things in your life. Because I can assure you that there are more than you can count. 

Be sure to come visit again, because I really love you. Truly Scrumptious, I do. 
Love P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.