Aug 22, 2016

P + C GET MARRIED


There's nothing like waking up and knowing that in a few hours you get to marry your best friend and love of your life. On August 6th, Colten and I were married in the St. George Temple for time and all eternity. The day was so special and I have tried to burn into my mind every detail from the day. Some of them are too special to share here, but I can honestly say that it was the happiest and most exciting day of my life. We were married while surrounded by loving friends and family, and the spirit inside the sealing room of the temple was something I had never felt before. Feelings of pure joy filled my heart as I knew that the handsome boy kneeling across the altar from me would be my companion for the rest of our lives. Every effort and bit of patience that it took to make it to our wedding day became instantly worth it. As we covenanted, with tears in our eyes, to love each other and always be there for each other, I knew that there wasn't a better place to be in the whole wide world.

Afterwards, we left the temple to join the rest of our family and friends and the celebrations began! Colten's family put on a delicious luncheon, and our parents all took a few minutes to give us some advice about marriage and welcome us to the family. Later on that night, we had a reception in our backyard to celebrate with friends and neighbors. Even though it ended up raining for a few minutes, the reception was even better than I thought it would be. All of our hard work paid off, and it was a beautiful night to celebrate love.

Colten and I are so grateful for our parents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends who helped us pull this wedding off. There were late nights and stressful moments along the way, but when the day came we couldn't have asked for better. We love and appreciate our neighbors and friends who came to celebrate us, and missed those that couldn't make it. Marriage has been one of the biggest blessings in my life already, and I can't wait to celebrate more in the future!

Hey Colt, let's get married everyday?
XOXO
Love P

No comments:

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.