June 23, 2017

Friday Favorites


In an attempt to keep up with journaling + life, I've decided to start a new series called "Friday Favorites" where I can record + share my favorite parts or new discovering that I'm loving lately.

Take a look at my first post! 


FAVORITE PARTS OF THE WEEK: 

Las Vegas

On Friday we zipped down to Las Vegas to visit Colten's Dad & Stepmom for the weekend. It was hotter than Hades, but we had such a great time. We basically spent the whole time poolside, because it was too dang hot to do much else! Colten's dad used his new smoker + made the best smoked burgers EVAH. Then we swam, swam, swam, some more + finished out the night with smores around the firepit. 

Fathers Day

On our way home from Vegas, we stopped in Hurricane for a Father's Day dinner with my dad + family. It was fun to be with everybody + spend time with my second favorite guy. We played guitar + had strawberry shortcake for dessert. So grateful for a father who does so much for me + has taught me so much. 

Temple Trip 

Tuesday morning I was able to go to the temple with my sister, mom, and dad and do baptisms for the dead. Chantell made the goal to go ten times this summer, so it was fun to be able to go and help her! Of course, the mandatory Iceberg trip afterwards wasn't too bad either! ;) 


FAVORITE FIRSTS:  

Tracking My Steps

So I know I'm behind on the times, but I finally got a Fitbit AND I DON'T KNOW HOW I SURVIVED WITHOUT ONE. Before, I struggled to accurately track my workouts/runs and it was basically all left up to guesswork. But now I've got all the info I need right on my wrist. Talk about motivation to move! It has been so great to finally get a feel for my fitness level + be able to track my steps/distance/active minutes/ etc. Plus, nothing beats the feeling of having accomplished your fitness goals! Definitely a believer in them now. 

FAVORITE THINGS I'M LISTENING TO:

Music: 

Supermarket Flowers - Ed Sheeran (grab some tissues!)
I Could Use A Love Song - Maren Morris
Boom Clap - Lennon + Maisy
 

Podcasts + Talks:

Serial - Sarah Koenig
    One story - a true story - that is told over a season. FREAKING ADDICTING.The first season follows investigative reporter Sarah Koenig as she tries to dig deeper in a homicide case.  My investigative skills are on the fritz trying to figure out where the story is going.

Limetown - Two Up Productions
   Another podcast that is a little eery but UNBELIEVABLY GOOD. The episodes are only 30ish minutes long, and tell the story of Limetown, Tennessee where ten years ago, over three hundred men, women and children disappeared, never to be heard from again. At first I thought it was a true story, and I was out on my run going crazy because it was so intense. Now that I know it's just a fictional story, I've calmed down a little bit... but still. You'll be hooked. I went an extra two miles just so I could listen to another episode.

Want to be Happy? Be Grateful - David Steindl-Rast
    This TedTalk will totally change the way you think about the blessings you already have + make you view your life in a whole new light.

The Power of Introverts - Susan Cain  
     Our world is designed for extroverts, but introverts have made some of the great contributions to society. As a introvert myself, I loved Susan's talk about empowering ourselves + our children to feel comfortable using our strengths (and weaknesses) to influence others.

My Year of Saying Yes to Everything - Shonda Rhimes 
    Shonda Rhimes is responsible for a lot of happiness, tears, + late nights in my life, and hearing about her fearless + remarkable journey to becoming one of the most popular screenwriters + producers in the Television industry will make you wanna have a "Year of Yes" too. {Still not forgiving her for killing Derek Shephard though.}

FAVORITE THINGS I'M READING: 

Articles:

14 Ways to Stimulate Personal Growth {link here}

 Books:

 The Girl You Left Behind - JoJo Moyes
  I'm only about half way through this book, but already I'm really a big fan. It's by the same author who wrote "Me Before You" (did you realize it was a book before it was a movie?).  It's set in both the World War I era + present day London, and interweaves the story of two women trying to do what is right in difficult situations.  
    
 All The Light We Cannot See - Anthony Doerr
     THIS BOOK. Please Please go read it as fast as you can. I'm realizing most of what I read is historical fiction set in either World War I or World War II, but when you find what ya love you just gotta go with it. This book won the Pulitzer Prize in 2015 and is about a blind French girl and a German boy whose paths collide in occupied France as both try to survive the devastation of World War II.    For reals the best book I've read this year. 


<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>


Do you have any favorites you'd like to share? 
I wanna hear about them!
XOXO
Love P



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.