- There is no shame in crying when you're mom leaves on move in day
- Single rooms are like the holy grail of college
- On your first few days you will feel like throwing up, laughing, and crying all at the same time, and its perfectly normal.
- The dollar store will become your best friend. You can get all your food and billions of other things and guess what?! It's all a dollar!!!
- The sooner you be yourself around the roomies the better.
- You are totally in charge of your own education. Your mom isn't here to make you get out of bed for your 8:30 class and you have to be totally responsible for all the academic stuff.
- Free food is everywhere. Even if you have to pretend you want to become a Buddhist monk, ITS WORTH IT. The less money you have to spend on food the better!
- Always make sure you've bought the right math book. Otherwise you will not only have done all the homework wrong, but you'll have to sell your internal organs to buy the right textbook. (yes. I'm talking from experience)
- The best of friendships can come with the most unlikely people
- The boy to girl ratio is about 30 to 1 and half the boys are either not attractive or taken. Oi.
- Institute is one of the best parts of the week. It's so nice to get away from all the craziness of campus and go feel the spirit for an hour! Plus, cute boys are in there so who wouldn't want to go right?!
- There are so many different people on this earth. I've already met so many interesting and different people here its crazy.
- BE YOURSELF. If you feel pressure to be something you're not, just walk away. You don't have to change one bit to fit in. There are so many people out there, you don't have to conform to how a group of people act.
- Take what you've been given and try to make the best out of the situation. Things might not always be easy, but I promise Heavenly Father doesn't give us things we could not succeed at.
- College is great. The sooner you decide to love it, the better it will be.
I've already learned so much in the last seven days.
I know that this is where i'm supposed to be, even if it's hard!
Have a great week!!